We understand that you may need to return your purchased item due to an issue with your product. Rest assured that most products available at Tuff Stuff Overland are returnable. As long as they are returned with all original packaging, paperwork and parts in new and unused condition. Meaning, make certain that the item fits before trying to install it. Do a “dry” fit. Double check your year/make/model info and verify the item you just received is the one that fits your vehicle. Once it has scratches, dents, etc. no one else is going to want it on their vehicle.
To return an item, a Return Authorization Number (RA#) must be requested within 30 days of receipt of the product. When shipping the return, this RA# must be clearly displayed on the package. Items returned without an RA# cannot be refunded or exchanged.
Authorized items must be returned with all original packaging, paperwork and parts in new and unused condition. A refund will not be issued if items are not returned in this condition.
As a courtesy, Tuff Stuff Overland may decide to issue a refund prior to receiving the returned item. In the event that the item fails inspection upon arrival, we reserve the right to reverse such refunds. All this means is make sure the item qualifies for a full return prior to shipping the item back. Also, we’ve seen folks get frustrated and throw all the parts, loose screws, etc. into the box and ship it off without a second thought. Well slow your roll when it comes to repackaging the return since any damage caused during the return shipment will be your responsibility if we open the box and it’s a hot mess inside. But I think we can all agree that’s a pretty fair condition. If not, we may not be a good fit for you and you’ll want to purchase elsewhere.
Tuff Stuff Overland can’t be held responsible for damages incurred during product installation or use, and will not compensate for any speeding tickets, damages, nor reimburse labor charges, installation fees or credit card fees, under any circumstances. Seriously, we once were asked to pay for a speeding ticket because one of our products made a customer’s car go too fast. Yep, mom thought it was our fault her teenage son got a ticket for speeding. Hence the all-encompassing verbiage.
- Contact a Tuff Stuff Overland Customer Service Representative and let them know that you’d like to return your purchase.
- Our Customer Service Representatives will provide you with an RA#, and email you detailed return instructions.
- Clearly display the RA# on the package and return to the address given in the email.
- The customer is responsible for all return shipping costs, unless the return is due to manufacturer defect or Tuff Stuff Overland error.
- The original method of payment used to place the order will be credited the purchase price, minus the return shipping costs. Tuff Stuff Overland will send a confirmation email once the refund has been issued. Please allow up to 5-7 business days for your bank to process the credit.
If you receive an item that is defective or broken, Tuff Stuff Overland will provide you with a prepaid return shipping label. To receive the return shipping label, follow the return procedure above.
Items Damaged in Transit
If you receive a damaged package, you may refuse delivery and contact customer service within 3 days of attempted delivery. If you refuse delivery, the order will be returned to us. If you contact customer service, we will help you file a damage claim with the carrier.
Tuff Stuff Overland guarantees the workmanship of the products we sell for 30 days from the date of receipt. All returned items will be inspected for warranty eligibility. You are responsible for the cost of shipping merchandise to one of our distribution centers for warranty inspection.
Most of our products are covered by warranties and/or guarantees that cover the merchandise for a certain period of time. Please check the product documentation for more information regarding the product warranty policy.
Warranties and guarantees are nontransferable and remain in effect only as long as the original purchaser owns the merchandise.
Tuff Stuff Overland will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages from any products sold. We will not be responsible or liable for inconvenience, labor, legal fees, or any other costs incurred while the item is being inspected or replaced.
Exclusions from warranties
- Electrical and computer items
- Any problem from misuse or improper installation
- Damage to your vehicle (if someone crashes into you or vice versa we’d consider this beyond the scope of the warranty)
- Consequential costs or damages (storage fees, mechanic fees, car rental fees, tickets from the PoPo, etc.)
Some items, including (but not limited to) custom patterned, custom painted items, special ordered items, are not eligible for a return. So, if you order a hot pink bumper and then change your mind after seeing how hot and how pink the bumper really is, it’s yours. We suggest Craigslist, eBay, or give to your neighborhood Mary Kay representative as a gift, etc.
If there is a manufacturer defect or Tuff Stuff Overland error, these items may be returned for credit.
These items cannot be returned
- Any product that has been installed, including tires and wheels, bumpers, and tents
- Opened electrical items
- Custom items
- Custom painted or monogrammed items
- Closeout or clearance items
- Special order items
Tuff Stuff Overland extends the active return period from 30 to 60 days on orders placed between “Black Friday” (the Friday following Thanksgiving) and Dec 24th. All other return policies and procedures still apply.
Product Installation Policy
Tuff Stuff Overland has no control over the use of any product. Tuff Stuff Overland therefore, expects the customer to exercise good judgment as to the proper selection, installation, use and maintenance of any product. Tuff Stuff Overland assumes no responsibility for damage or injury of any kind due to any misuse or improper application of any products in any way by any person.
Pricing & Credits
Product prices are displayed next to the product part number, however, this information may become obsolete due to manufacturing cost increases. Therefore, we reserve the right to make price changes without notice. While we make every effort to avoid errors in pricing on our website, pricing mistakes occur occasionally. If you see a price you feel is incorrect, please call us before placing your order online.
We are not responsible for typographical and/or technical errors. Like say you see a trailer listed at $120 and you’re like OMG that seems too good to be true! I’ll take 12! Sorry my friend that’s not going to happen. This would be an example of an honest to goodness mistake on our part. We make it a point not to take advantage of you so we expect the same in return.
How can I return an item?
Contact a Tuff Stuff Overland Customer Service Representative and let them know that you’d like to return your item. We will provide you with an RA# (Return Authorization) and email you detailed return instructions. Valid RA#’s are required in order for us to quickly identify your return and issue credit. No valid RA# = No Credit.
Can I exchange an item?
Items that include all original packaging, paperwork, and parts in new and unused condition may be returned. Just follow the Tuff Stuff Overland returns procedure.
Who pays for return shipping costs?
If the return is due to manufacturer defect or Tuff Stuff Overland error, we will pay for return shipping. Otherwise, the customer is responsible for the cost of returning the item.
What should I do if I received the wrong item?
- Confirm whether the item you ordered is the item you actually received. You can do this by comparing the part number on the shipping receipt to the part number on your email order receipt.
- Confirm that the part number on the order receipt is the same as the part number on the item packaging. Items can be incorrectly selected by the fulfillment warehouse.
- Confirm that the part number on the order receipt is the same as the part number on the item itself. Sometimes items are incorrectly packaged.
- Confirm that the part number on the order receipt is the right part number for your vehicle’s year/make/model/submodel/cab size/bed length/engine.
- If the numbers do not match, please send us a message and let the team know that you’d like to return your purchase.
What if I get mad, decide not to bother contacting Tuff Stuff Overland for an RA#, or have a few too many beers on any given Sunday and return the item without authorization?
We may not be able to locate your return. We have multiple warehouses across the country and cannot link returns without the RA#. If you return an item without an RA# the chances are high that it will either get refused by the shipping department or lost in Return Land (that’s right next to where Missing Sock Land resides). No valid RA# = No Credit.
If the item is returned with a valid RA#, we’ll process your return, exchange the item for the correct part (if available), and send you a prepaid UPS shipping label if the error is ours.