The ALPHA II is small but mighty. Perfect for smaller SUVs or Subaru’s, this is the mini version of the ALPHA rooftop tent. Go off-grid and still enjoy comfort and quality.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• A hard-shell four-season tent with room for two people
• Ultra-fast setup time takes less than two minutes
• 78 x 53-inch mattress that is 2.5-inches thick
• Manufactured from high-quality 280G poly-cotton windproof fabric
• Heavy-duty YKK zippers with custom para-cord pull
• Includes a 210D poly-oxford rainfly
• Three windows with awnings and mesh screens for excellent ventilation and views
• Built-in skylight for star gazing and additional light
• Built-in internal and external LED light strips
• Designed to open to the passenger side only
• All aluminum frame, ladder, and roof rack mounts
• All necessary hardware for complete installation (including tools)
• Mounting hardware & brackets for installation (fits up to 3.25" cross bars)
• Shoe bag, 1 qty
• Storage bag, 1 qty
• Window rods, 6 qty
• Window awnings (removable)
• Moon roof
• Telescoping ladder with angled steps (will not bite into your arches!)
• LED Lights for interior & exterior (requires power from a USB power pack, not included)
• Patch kit & glue to perform repairs
• Not included, Alpha II Annex Room
Available Colors: Black
*The ALPHA™ tent is designed to open to the passenger side ONLY
- Sleeping Capacity: 2 Person
- Open dimensions L/W/H: 59.75 X 79 X 46 inches
- Closed dimensions L/W/H: 59.75 X 49.75 X 14 inches
- Mattress L/W/H: 53 X 78 X 2.36 inches
- Weight: 141 Lbs
- Weight Capacity: 800 Lbs
- Tent Material: 280 G Poly/Cotton Rip-Stop
- Rainfly Material: 210D Polyester/Oxford PU coated 5000mm
- Floor: Heavy-duty aluminum honeycomb
- Shell: ABS
- Zippers: YKK with custom para-cord pulls (reduces annoying dinging in wind)
- LED Light: Amber & White light (inside and outside)
- Windows: 3 window openings w/ mesh screens & window rods
- Skylight with mesh and solid panel
- Window Awnings: 2 side window openings have removable (zip-off) rain awnings (included)
- Installation brackets fit crossbars up to 3.25" wide
- Steel cable locks w/ 2 pairs of keys
- Ladder: Telescoping 7.5' tall w/angled steps (included)
- Mounting hardware: Stainless steel (Included)
- Not included, but available, Annex room
NOTE: The ALPHA II™ tent is designed to open to the passenger side ONLY
- Your vehicle must have crossbars (left to right) that can accept 190+ Lbs, and your crossbars should be at least 30" apart for proper support.
- Pickup trucks: We strongly recommend the use of a truck bed rack. We do not recommend the Alpha tents be placed on the roof of a truck.
Will this tent fit my vehicle?
Roof top tents are not vehicle-specific. It is up to you to provide a stable roof rack that can support the weight of the tent on top, in addition to the people inside. Always refer to your vehicle manual.
Heavy-duty crossbars (left to right) are necessary to support the weight of the tent, and we recommend checking your factory rail system (front to back) to confirm it will hold the weight of your tent and the people inside. Max width of your crossbar should be 3.25" or less so there are no modifications needed to use the provided brackets. If your crossbars are wider than 3.25" you will need to purchase brackets from another source or have them manufactured for you.
- Mounting your tent requires a minimum of 2 people for lifting.
- Your tent will ONLY OPEN ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. Position the tent on top of the vehicle's roof rack, bed rack, or trailer and center to your liking.
- Using the supplied hardware and mounting plates, slide the hardware into the channel so there are 2 bolts per corner (one in front and one behind the vehicle's crossbars).
- Run the bolts through the mounting brackets holes, thread nuts onto each bolt.
- Confirm you are happy with the position of the tent, vehicle balance, and appearance then tighten all nuts to the brackets until the tent cannot move.
- Undo the buckles on the side of the tent, push up on the handle to actuate the hydraulic rams to open the tent hard shell, Pull out on the telescoping ladder until it is fully extended- pull down on ladder until the folding side of the tent has opened and extended fully.
- Reposition the ladder to your desired height/angle.
- Install the supplied tension rods on the overhang of the tent & windows, open the door, and enjoy!
Using the Ladder
Go to frame 1:25 to see a great explanation of how to use the telescoping ladder.
Click here for Alpha Manual
The Clear coat on our Alpha shells is a clear layer of paint sprayed on the ABS shell to protect it from UV rays, rocks, and dirt kicked up from the road. The clear coat will wear off with time and can also be chipped off by salt, road debris, and nature. You can protect your clear coat by regular washing and waxing.
Tips to protect your clear coat
Keep out of the sun as much as possible
Over time, the powerful UV rays in direct sunlight can wear down the clear coat.
Hot sunlight can also open small “pores” in your clear coat, allowing more dirt and debris to get in. So, to protect the clear coat and lengthen its lifespan, park in a garage or in the shade whenever possible.
Clear off bird and bug droppings immediately
Bird droppings are highly acidic. If they’re left on the clear coat, they can erode and destroy the layer of clear coat. If you spot any bird or bug droppings, rinse them off immediately with water from a hose.
Protect your clear coat from salty air
Salt will corrode the clear coat. So, if you live in a salty coastal climate, keep in mind that you will need to wash off/rinse your shell the same as you would a surfboard. Salty air and spray are some of the biggest nemeses of clear coating.
Avoid getting tree sap on your vehicle
For most, the risk of getting tree sap on your car is much lower than the risk of encountering bird droppings or salty air. However, tree sap is a double threat: the sap can soak into your clear coat and damage it directly, or it can attract dust and dirt and force these materials into your clear coat.
Hand wash and apply wax regularly
Washing will remove dust and dirt that stick to the clear coat over the course of driving. Dirt will quickly wear down your clear coat, so removing the dirt frequently will protect the clear coat and lengthen its lifespan.
Many automotive companies sell special clear-coat protection products that seal and protect your clear coat. To apply the product, simply rub it into the clear coat with a microfiber cloth. Follow the directions printed on the bottle and apply the clear-coat protection roughly as often as you wash your vehicle. You can purchase clear-coat protection products at any large automotive-supply store or online.
- Cracked Shell (Life Happens)Repair
- Clean area with soap, water, and plastic cleaner.
- Grind damaged area, then repair with a PlastiFix® Rigid Plastic Repair Kit or similar product.
PlastiFix® is an optimal repair method. Weld repairs may be backed with epoxy for extra strength.
In order to maximize the strength of any repair, thoroughly clean contaminants from the surface in the damaged area.
- Clean both sides with soap and water. Dry with a clean cloth or compressed air.
- Spray Plastic Cleaner onto the surface and wipe off while wet with a clean, lint-free cloth. Wipe in one direction to avoid spreading contaminants back over the clean area.
Align Damage and Deformation
If the plastic is distorted, heat with a heat gun and reshape the distorted area. When heating plastic, it is important that the plastic be heated all the way through. Hold the heat gun on the area until the opposite side of the plastic is uncomfortable to the touch. Once heated, force the plastic back into position with a small roller or another appropriate tool, then cool the area with a damp cloth. Stretched areas can be shrunk with the shell cold. Keep working until smooth, then sand overall with 80 grit to help identify remaining low spots. Push out remaining low spots and repeat the process.
If the damaged area is cut or torn to the edge, align the cosmetic surface with Aluminum Body Tape and begin the repair process on the back. By aligning the outer surface, you minimize the amount of filler required to restore the proper profile to the part.
How do I keep my roof top tent shell looking nice?
Not unlike a Brazilian model, keep it clean and waxed. Just like anything that you want to keep nice you need to maintain it. This means washing and waxing on a semi-regular basis. Sticks and stones, bird dookie, bug splatter, salty air, bad jokes, etc. will all work to etch and ruin your sweet, beautiful Alpha shell.
Can I run my vehicle and tent through a car wash?
Not unless you're filming something for Instagram and don't care if your tent gets ripped from the vehicle like a category 5 hurricane.
Similar to, "The Princess and the Pea" I too require a memory foam mattress. Why don't you sell one with your tents?
Have you ever fallen into a memory foam bed when it's cold? If so, then you know why we do not offer memory foam mattresses. Cold weather and memory foam are not friends. Not only does memory foam "freeze" up in the cold but it holds moisture and its little friend mold. RTT's have enough issues with condensation. You do not want to add a hard, wet, moldy sponge to the mix.
Freight/Delivery times are 3-5 business days from our warehouse to the Destination Terminal, Final Delivery is by appointment (this is why we require a phone number) and varies based on the distance from the Destination Terminal and the Final Delivery address (your shipping address).
Do NOT miss your delivery once scheduled or you will be charged for rescheduling. We get charged and will pass the charge on to you.
Our tents ship via LTL and will ship separately from any other items in your cart. This means, if you also ordered an awning it will ship via Ground. This is why the phone number is so important. The LTL Freight Carrier will contact you via phone to work out a delivery time. No number no delivery. Missed travel time.
All tents INCLUDE shipping only to the lower 48 states. Tents must be sent via freight truck (not UPS or Fed-Ex Ground) so please arrange an ideal location with easy access/and or forklift services to ensure no damage occurs in transit. A forklift is not required but definitely preferred.
For residential deliveries: The courier will only deliver to the sidewalk, driveway, or garage. A valid telephone number must be provided at the time of purchase. This needs to be a number that you can be reached at in order for the delivery driver to schedule a delivery time. Failure to provide a valid telephone number will result in your tent not being shipped until we can make contact with you.
If you cannot arrange to be available or fail to respond to the carrier, your tent will be returned to our warehouse and the return freight charges will be applied to your credit card.
Lastly, if you see damage to the tent packaging take pictures immediately. Refuse delivery. If you do not see any outer damage but find concealed damage once you open the packaging, stop, take pictures, and report the damage to use immediately. All damage must be reported within 24 hrs. Make sure to take pictures of the packaging, the crate, the tent, anything that will provide context for the damage.