Most products available from Tuff Stuff Overland are returnable and must be returned with all original packaging, paperwork, and parts in new and unused condition. Please fit check the product and be certain your vehicle information (i.e. year, make, model, bed length, etc.) is correct and are compatible with the product specifications.
To return an item purchased directly from www.tuffstuffoverland.com, a Return Authorization Number (RA#) must be requested within 30 days of receipt of the product. When shipping the return, this RA# must be clearly displayed on the package. Items returned without an RA# cannot be refunded or exchanged.
As a courtesy, Tuff Stuff Overland may decide to issue a refund prior to receiving the returned item. If the item fails inspection upon arrival, we reserve the right to reverse the courtesy refund, so please be sure the item(s) qualifies for a full return prior to shipping the item back.
Tuff Stuff Overland is not responsible for damages incurred during product installation or use and will not compensate for any damages due to installation issues, nor reimburse labor charges, installation fees or credit card fees, under any circumstances.
- Contact a Tuff Stuff Overland Customer Service Representative toll-free at 1.866.220.0171 and let the team know that you'd like to return your purchase.
- Our Customer Service Team will provide you with an RA#, and email you detailed return instructions.
- Clearly display the RA# on the package and return to the address given in the email.
- The customer is responsible for all return shipping costs unless the return is due to manufacturer defect or Tuff Stuff Overland error.
- The original method of payment used to place the order will be credited the purchase price, minus the outbound shipping and return shipping costs. Tuff Stuff Overland will send a confirmation email once the refund has been issued.
Please allow up to 10 business days for your bank to process the credit.
If you receive an item that is defective, damaged or broken, please stop and take pictures right away. Contact Tuff Stuff Overland immediately and we’ll assist in setting up a return.
Items Damaged in Transit (See Shipping Policy for addition information)
If you receive a damaged package, you must refuse delivery and contact customer service toll-free at 1.866.220.0171 or use our Customer Service form (in our website footer) within 3 days of attempted delivery. If you refuse delivery, the order will be returned to us.
If you accept delivery due to concealed damage, contact customer service within 24-48 hours, we will help you file a damage claim with the carrier. Any freight damage reported after 72 hours will be denied by the freight company, and we will not be able to help. And yes, that's 72 hours not 3 days or 3 business days. 72 hours is when the clock starts ticking down. Trust us, not our rules but we and you have to abide by them if you want to be made whole again.
Tuff Stuff Overland guarantees the workmanship of the products we sell for 30 days from the date of receipt. All returned items will be inspected for warranty eligibility. You are responsible for the cost of shipping merchandise to one of our distribution centers for warranty inspection.
Defective parts will be replaced or repaired at our discretion. Please check the product documentation for more information regarding the product warranty policy. Should your product fail after 30 days, please contact our customer service department toll-free at 1.866.220.0171 or and we will assist you in submitting a claim.
Tuff Stuff Overland will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind. We will not be responsible or liable for inconvenience, rental cars, shipping, labor, legal fees, or any other costs incurred while the item is being inspected or replaced.
Exclusions from warranties
- Purchases made second hand through a friend or enemy, marketplace, or any other source other than directly from our website or one of our authorized dealers
- Purchased made through unauthorized dealers (please contact us if you have questions whether a business is authorized)
- Electrical and computer items
- Any problem from misuse or improper installation
- Damage to your vehicle (if a product falls off due to improper installation we'd consider this beyond the scope of the warranty)
- Consequential costs or damages (storage fees, mechanic fees, car rental fees, , etc.)
- Restocking Fees
Some items require a restocking fee. The fees can range from 15-30% depending on the item. Some items qualify for a refund, minus the restocking fee and any return shipping costs, when returned with all original packaging, paperwork, and parts in new and unused condition.
Some items, including (but not limited to) tents, custom painted items, special ordered items, are not eligible for a return.
If there is a manufacturer defect or Tuff Stuff Overland error, these items may be returned for credit.
These items cannot be returned:
- Any product that has been installed or is no longer new
- Opened electrical items
- Custom items
- Closeout or clearance items
- Special order items
Tuff Stuff Overland extends the active return period from 30 to 60 days on orders placed between “Black Friday” (the Friday following Thanksgiving) and Dec 24th. All other return policies and procedures still apply.
Product Installation Policy
Tuff Stuff Overland has no control over the use of any product. Tuff Stuff Overland, therefore, expects the customer to exercise good judgment as to the proper selection, installation, use and maintenance of any product. Tuff Stuff Overland assumes no responsibility for damage or injury of any kind due to any misuse or improper application of any products in any way by any person.
Why do you ask for pictures?
We're living in a modern world and use modern technology to work through issues. It's a lot less expensive to send a few pics than to ship the product back when a picture can tell us the same story. You pay for the return shipping so wouldn't you rather bang out a few pics and avoid that extra cost if possible?
Another example is that we may be able to quickly identify carrier damage, which we can help you file a claim and the pictures are acritical part of the claim requirements.
How can I return an item?
Contact a Tuff Stuff Overland Customer Service Representative via our toll-free phone 1.866.220.0171 or use our Customer Service form (in our website footer) and let the team know that you'd like to return your item. We will provide you with an RA# (Return Authorization) and email you detailed return instructions. Valid RA#'s are required in order for us to quickly identify your return and issue credit. No valid RA# = No Credit.
Can I exchange an item?
Items that include all original packaging, paperwork, and parts in new and unused condition may be returned. Just follow the Tuff Stuff Overland returns procedure. It’s a paperwork thing.
Will I pay a restocking fee?
Some products require a restocking fee. The fees can range from 15-30% depending on the item. These items can be refunded, less the restocking fee and any return shipping costs. The items will be inspected before a credit is issued.
Who pays for return shipping costs?
If the return is due to manufacturer defect or Tuff Stuff Overland error, we will pay for return shipping. Otherwise, the customer is responsible for the cost of returning the item.
What should I do if I received the wrong item?
- Confirm whether the item you ordered is the item you received. You can do this by comparing the part number on the shipping receipt to the part number on your email order receipt.
- Confirm that the part number on the order receipt is the same as the part number on the item packaging. Items can be incorrectly selected by the fulfillment warehouse.
- Confirm that the part number on the order receipt is the same as the part number on the item itself. Sometimes items are incorrectly packaged.
- Confirm that the part number on the order receipt is the right part number for your vehicle's year, make, model, submodel, cab size, bed length.
- If the numbers do not match, call us toll-free at 1.866.220.0171 and let the team know that you'd like to return your purchase.
What if I get mad, decide not to bother contacting Tuff Stuff Overland for an RA#, and return the item without authorization?
We may not be able to locate your return. We have multiple warehouses across the country and cannot link returns without the RA#. If you return an item without an RA# the chances are high that it will either get refused by the shipping department or lost in Return Land (that's right next to where Missing Sock Land resides). No valid RA# = No Credit.
If the item is returned with a valid RA#, we'll process your return, exchange the item for the correct part (if available), and send you a prepaid UPS shipping label if the error is ours.
If you are shipping an item over $50, we strongly suggest using a trackable shipping service (UPS or FedEx) and purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.