The Alpha II Annex Room transforms the versatility of your Alpha II rooftop tent. Gain an additional enclosed space to use for sleeping, a camp kitchen, or just a hangout.
*This is the annex room only, the tent is sold separately.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Measures a generous 87 x 82-inches for plenty of room
• Heavy-duty YKK zippers
• Rugged 600D poly-oxford walls and 1000D PVC floor maximize protection from inclement weather
• Two large windows with mesh panels for lots of ventilation and natural light
• Creates a very versatile space for sleeping, cooking, hanging out, or sheltering from a storm
• Includes guide ropes for stability in windy conditions
• Removable rear panel for easy vehicle access
• Alpha II Rooftop Tent is sold separately
- Ideal Mounting Height: 76 to 78 inches
- Dimensions L//W/H: 87x82x79 inches
- Floor: 1000D PVC
- Walls: 600D Polyester/Oxford material
- Aluminized coated for better heat retention and privacy while inside
- Breathable UV & Mold Resistant
- Sheds water instantly
- Heavy-duty YKK zipper
- 3 “NO-SEE-UM MESH” screened windows
- Color: Military Green
- Spread out the floor until it is flat and locate the upper zipper.
- Line up the zipper corner directly under the front left tent edge (w/the ladder retracted). The zipper corner should be on the left when facing the tent.
- Take the annex room and find the "corded" (orange cords hang down to roll the back door up into) top back wall section of the tent. This top section is the area that will slip into the tent's base channel nearest your vehicle.
- To get the back wall lined up correctly, take the annex room top w/the green color facing out, and slide the top of the room into the tent channel on the left side of the tent. Pull it towards the back, nearest your vehicle, and keep sliding it until you have all three sides of the tent run through the tent base channel. Again, the back wall is the wall w/the cords hanging down to hold the access door to your vehicle.
- Once you have the annex room through the channels, zipper the annex room to the rainfly. It's a bit easier if you take out the tension rods first.
- Now, starting on the back, left side, zip the annex room floor to the walls.
- Make sure your floor is evenly spread out. Use stakes to secure the floor at each corner.
- Take the orange Tension Rods and place them horizontally inside the front corners of the annex room.
- If on soft ground use the rubber feet to protect the floor from damage by the Tension Rods.
- Adjust the end of the Tension rod to the same height as the floor (76” – 79” recommended).
- Take the tie-down ropes and secure the tension rod loops from the outside and stake securely to the ground.
* This annex room is NOT recommended for high winds or heavy rains.
**Be sure to spread out the walls as tight as possible to ensure no moisture collects in low spots, causing pooling. Over-saturation will cause water to eventually penetrate the fabric after heavy rainfall over several hours.
Q & A
Can I use this annex room in all weather conditions?
No, this annex room is NOT recommended for high winds or heavy rains.
What is the annex room made from?
Manufactured from high-quality polyester/cotton windproof fabric.
Can I have the access door from any side of the vehicle?
Technically, no, the Alpha tent can fold open only from the passenger side of the vehicle, therefore the annex room will only have access to the passenger side of the vehicle.
Do I need an annex room?
Yes, you're going to want to spread out. Having extra storage and space when you need it most is what an annex room is all about. Put those kids and pets down below while you enjoy the scenery from above. And why not? You've worked hard to get here! Also, the annex room makes a great changing room instead of having to climb upstairs to switch out of the bathing suit and into camp wear gear... e.g. Ugg Boots and a sweatshirt.